Are Vertical Blinds Right for Your Montgomery Home?
Many shutters and blinds companies offer vertical blind installations. Vertical blinds are composed of wood, vinyl, fabric, or aluminum, and their size can be customized to fit the glass sliding doors and windows in your Montgomery home. These blinds usually hang from a track, and a valence covers their tracking mechanism. They can be operated with a wand, cord, or wireless remote.
Advantages of Vertical Blinds
- Versatility – Vertical blinds can be opened completely or partially so that you can adjust the slats to allow a certain amount of sunlight into your home. These blinds are suitable for large, long windows because of their length, and they also elongate small windows and glass sliding doors because of their vertical orientation.
- Range of Colors and Materials – Homeowners are able to find blinds in materials and colors that suit their homes because the style variety is extensive.
- UV Protection and Privacy – The thick slats of vertical blinds block sunlight effectively and insulate the home during cooler months of the year. When they’re closed entirely, vertical blinds provide complete privacy within your home.
- Easy Replacement – If your vertical blinds are damaged by a heavy impact or pet, individual slats can be replaced easily by your shutters and blinds company.
Disadvantages of Vertical Blinds
- Dirt and Dust Accumulation – Because verticals are so long, they can collect dust and dirt from the floor, but frequent cleaning can eliminate this problem.
- Noisy Operation – Some homeowners complain about the sounds that vertical blinds make when they are opened and closed. Breezes from open windows or fans can also cause blinds to sway and create noise, so shutters and blinds companies don’t recommend installing vertical blinds in areas of homes in which households sleep, such as bedrooms.
How to Clean Vertical Blinds
Vertical blinds don’t collect as much dust as horizontal blinds, but they still need to be cleaned regularly to keep them in good condition. To clean your vertical blinds, close them so that you can view the dirt and dust on each slat. You can dust them with a damp cloth and vinegar or soap, or you can vacuum them using a brush attachment. Dusting and vacuuming should be done from top to bottom. Once you’ve removed the dust on one side, turn the slats so that you can clean the other side.
If you can picture vertical blinds in your Montgomery home, and you’re intrigued by the privacy, versatility, and color variety that they offer, contact a trusted shutters and blinds company like Southern Views Home Products.